Sunday, June 26, 2011

Back to Windows

Sorry, Ubuntu, I decided that I really wanted native support for Netflix and Windows Live Writer, so I switched back to Windows 7. I am going to miss some of the nice features like virtual desktops, but I didn’t want to deal with dual-booting or virtual machines to be able to do the things I typically want to do.

Switching back to Windows was actually surprisingly easy. I just rolled back to a backup image I had made a while back, and it took about 20 minutes to go from 100% Ubuntu to a fully functional Windows 7 install. Unfortunately, the image was from March of 2010, so it was really out of date and didn’t have any software installed. So, after updating and setting up my stuff it was about 2 hours from start to finish.

I was going to talk about Nier in my post that I never got to write yesterday, but internet was terminated before I could write it all out. Basically, I can’t say how much I’m enjoying it. It’s incredible.

During the time I played yesterday, the game was an action RPG, a text adventure, and a isometric top-down dungeon crawler. Something as simple as changing the camera angle in the game has an enormous effect on the style of gameplay, and makes it feel very different.

I’m sure it only gets better from here, but I’ll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment