Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Star Trek: The Next Generation (on Netflix!)

Star Trek Logo
Yeah, it’s old news by now that it’s there, but I’m just getting started watching it.

I started with Season 1, Episode 1, and man, things are different back then. I never watched the earlier episodes when it was running on TV, so it’s all new to me. Riker doesn’t have a beard, Wharf isn’t the security officer, and some annoying lady is doing his job (poorly) instead.

It’s still a quality show, and Q made sure to show up and pull his usual hijinks, but I suppose this is the first contact with Q in this episode. There were crazy space-jellyfish, and deceit among generally well-meaning alien people guys. Still the same good stuff we all love.

I’m not sure how far I’ll get into the series (I still need to finish Battlestar Galactica) but I’m sure I’ll enjoy it throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment