Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I’m writing this post from a XP virtual machine

It’s true.

I got my virtual machine set up so that I can write blog posts, and I’m very pleased with it so far. Windows Live Writer seems to work just as well as it did in Windows 7, and I’m quite happy about that.

I installed the virtual machine for two purposes: Windows Live Writer, and Netflix. Unfortunately, Netflix doesn’t look so promising. It loads and runs all right, but the framerate on the video is sloooooow. Hopefully that’s something I can tinker with to get working, but I’m not terribly optimistic. Worst case scenario, I’ll make the machine dual-boot for the sole purpose of using Netflix, but I hope it doesn’t come to that. I’ll post more details when I have them, but for now I’m just glad that I can write my posts from my netbook again.

No comments:

Post a Comment