Sunday, May 22, 2011

Early

I’m writing early today, since if I write at my normal time tonight it’s likely that I’ll be late for work in the morning. Actually, right about now should be my normal time, if I were to pick a time that I consider optimal for me to be able to both write and get to bed on time.

Yesterday I moved my computer from my bedroom downstairs into a computer room upstairs. I don’t have a huge problem with it being here as opposed to being in my bedroom, but I don’t really like that I’ve lost most of my privacy. I also am not a huge fan of the fact that the rest of the family now has access to my hardware without my permission.

On the plus side, I now have actual desk space, instead of having to decide between a keyboard or a textbook when doing homework. That’s a huge plus. Another advantage is that we’re putting a couch in here, so when I have friends over it will be much more comfortable than moving a second office chair into my bedroom and trying to squeeze a little more room out of it.

Since the couch isn’t in here yet, I’ll probably end up moving it tomorrow, and since there’s not enough room between my desk and the door to get it in the room I’ll have to take my computer down again. That half-hour I spent setting up my speakers and monitor? Wasted. Well, that’s how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment