Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Arrangement

Now that my computer is in a different room than it has been for the last ~3 years, I notice that my day goes significantly differently. I base my daily activities around my computer, so the location makes a huge difference in my routine. This got me thinking a little bit about furniture and my routine.

Furniture locations in my living space dictate the way I go about doing things. They direct my workflow, and, in some ways, affect the way I think. I like to change things up occasionally, if only for the sake of getting a new perspective on things. Unfortunately, I’ve been working with an extremely limited amount of space in my bedroom, so the most I can realistically do is change whether my head rests at the head or foot of my bed when I’m sleeping. I switch that up every couple months, or so.

I’m nor sure how (or if) this relates to anything, but I guess what I’m getting at is that I feel like I have a fresh perspective because I have changed the location of some furniture, and have greatly adjusted the way my routine works. Is it currently optimal? Not even close. But I definitely feel like it’s not as bad as I initially thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment