Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Social Network

I watched The Social Network yesterday. I enjoyed the movie overall, and I’m not going to do an exhaustive review, but there was one thing about the movie that really stood out to me. The movie was very heavy on computers (which makes sense, seeing as it’s about the creation of Facebook) and I was pleased to see that all the computers in the movie used *real* computer interfaces (at least as far as I can tell).

Most movies you see have some sort of high-graphics multimedia interface that seems to have been designed by someone with attention-deficit disorder. Very effective for storytelling, but not realistic at all. All the screens in The Social Network were (unless I miss my guess) vanilla KDE, and one scene had a legit OSX setup, and they managed to make them work for telling the story. I found this quite pleasing.

Has any of you seen the movie? Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment