Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Internet is Back On!

It’s hard to quantify how much better the internet is when you’ve got a decent connection, but it’s a lot better.

For the past month or so I’ve been relying on my phone as a tethered modem for internet. While it does work, it’s slow and unreliable.

I just (yesterday) fixed this problem by the acquisition of an inexpensive wireless router. It’s the cheapest one I could find, and it only supports up to 802.11g, but it’s more than sufficient for my needs.

Here is a list of things that I can do now that I was not able to do before on my ultra-limited internet:

  • Internet radio
  • Download files
  • Surf the internet
  • View my Facebook profile in a timely manner
  • Watch youtube
  • Post to my blog on the first try
  • Download emails and RSS feeds into Outlook
  • Browse the PSN on my PSP
  • Trade Pokemon over the internet
  • Update programs
  • Update the virus definitions for my virus scanner
  • Edit data in PuTTY
  • Play on Battle.net
  • Play games online in general

As you can tell, it’s basically everything that I’ve been wanting to do, but have not been able due to my obscenely ridiculous connection. It’s so… relieving.

No comments:

Post a Comment