Monday, January 30, 2012

Noise

So, I replayed Final Fantasy XIII and just finished yesterday, and boy, I gotta say that that game looks great. Cutscenes are gorgeous, characters are rendered beautifully, and I absolutely love the graphical style of the monsters, machines, and various critters and such in the game. However, one thing bothered me. Noise.

I like to think that I am a smart guy with an attention to detail and an above average attention span, but during some of the more exciting cutscenes I found it difficult to focus on details. Sometimes, all the excitement and business of the scene just gets to be too much and turns into noise. There are a couple of cutscenes in particular that bothered me, like the ending cutscene.

It's too bad, since it looks so good, I almost want to step through frame-by-frame and savor all the delicious graphics-ness, but I guess I'll just have to make do with watching it full-speed and missing so many of the great looking animations.

Or, you know, I could do something else, since I've already played that game to completion twice. Maybe I'll do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment